Library Technology Specialist
Phone: (614) 234-5336
Don is MCHSL's webmaster and technology specialist. He has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, an MBA focusing on Managing Information Systems, and a recent Master of Library and Information Science. Don is a senior member of the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) as designated by the Medical Library Association. He came to Mount Carmel in 2012 during the go-live period with the Cerner Electronic Medical Records system as a Genesis physician coach. Don is married to a gynecologist and has three children. His oldest son and daughter-in-law are recent graduates of MCCN's Second Degree Accelerated Program, and are both ICU nurses at Mount Carmel East.
Responsible for the operation of the integrated Library Services and technologies that support organizational Knowledge Management and IT educational initiatives and services at all organizational levels and operating sites.
Library Technology Specialist Don Pearson with a Windows laptop that is avilable for checkout.
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Senior Level
- Consumer Health Information Specialization, Level II
- Pearson, D. S. (2018). A social media roadmap—tips on developing a content marketing plan for a hospital library. Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1080/15323269.2018.1437515
- Lessick, S., Rumsey, E., Pearson, D. S., Roksandic, S., Gillum, S., Garcia-Milian, R., & Samsundar, D. R. (2013). Moving beyond the bookshelves. Journal of the Medical Library Association: JMLA, 101(4), 239. https://doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.101.4.002
- Roksandic, S. & Pearson, D. How Does Instruction by Medical Librarians on Using a Federated Search Tool Impact the Result of Medical Information Research: A Mixed Method Descriptive Quantitative Study. 2016 Annual Conference of MLA, CHLA/ABSC, and ICLC 2016 Annual Conference; May 15, 2016; Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Roksandic, S., Mady, E., & Pearson, D. “Teach me, I’ll Forget. Show me, I’ll Remember. Involve me, I’ll Understand.” Implementing Multimedia Applications for Library Instruction in order to Virtually Support Multisite Hospital and Academic Clients’ Information Needs. 2015 Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association Meeting; October 5, 2015; Louisville, KY
- Roksandic, S. & Pearson, D. Building Bridges: Sustaining Innovative Services to Support Efficiencies in a Collaborative Partnership, 2014 Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association; May 19, 2014; Chicago, IL
- Roksandic, S. & Pearson, D. How Cloud Computing is Changing an Academic Library's Virtual Presence, 2013 Meeting of the Academic Library Association of Ohio; October 25, 2013; North Canton, OH
- Roksandic, S. & Pearson, D. Navigating a River of Social Media Information, 2013 Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association Meeting; October 5, 2013; Peoria, IL
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (Midwest Chapter/MLA)
- Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO)
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association (OHSLA)