Health Sciences Librarian
Phone: (614) 234-3240
Liz Lyman (née Mady) earned her B.A. from The College of Wooster (OH) and her M.L.I.S from Kent State University (OH) and has the Level II CHIS (Consumer Health Information Specialization) certificate. She serves as the main liaison to MCCN online undergraduate and doctoral programs and supports the GME Physician Residency Programs, Mount Carmel physicians, and other clinical staff. Her responsibilities include conducting literature searches, creating supporting materials, and delivering tailored workshops, orientations, and one-on-one consultations. Liz enjoys teaching others how to search, access, and evaluate information and is passionate about the importance of being information literate in today's digital environment.
Provides professional level library and information services at all organizational levels, all MC operating entities and geographic sites.
Liz Lyman at her desk on the 4th floor of the CLE building.
- Consumer Health Information Specialization, Level II
- Lyman, E. (2018). [Review of the book Academic Librarianship Today, by Todd Gilman.] Med Ref Serv Q. 37(3): 262.https://doi.org/10.1080/02763869.2018.1477726
- Lyman, E. (2017). [Review of the book Practical Tips for Facilitating Research, by Moira J. Bent.] Med Ref Serv Q. 36(4):431-433. https://doi.org/10.1080/02763869.2017.1369295
- Lyman, Elizabeth. (2016). Transforming Online Liaison Services through Collaboration: Creating a "Virtually Embedded Librarian." Paper Presentation at ALAO Annual Conference in Wilmington, OH.
- Roksandic, Stevo. Mady, Elizabeth. Pearson, Donald. (2015). "Tell me, I'll forget. Show me, I'll remember. Involve me, I'll understand:" Implementing multimedia applications for Library instruction in order to virtually support the informational needs of clients in a multisite hospital and academic system. Paper presentation at GMR MLA Conference in Louisville, KY.*
* Published under maiden name, Mady.
- Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (Midwest Chapter/MLA)
- Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO)
- ALAO Distance Learning Interest Group (DLIG)
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association (OHSLA)