Lead Health Sciences Librarian, Technical Services
Phone: (614) 234-5337
Noreen Mulcahy has been a Health Sciences Librarian in Technical Services since 2009. Her responsibilities include cataloging print and electronic books and coordinating acquisition of library resources. Noreen assists with the hiring, training, and supervising of library student workers. She studied copyright law and assists faculty and staff in this area. Noreen received her Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from Kent State University (OH). She has presented at conferences on topics including managing students and data-driven decision making. Noreen received credentialing from the Academy of Health Information Professionals at the Senior Level. Her favorite testimonial is from a faculty member who calls Library Services "the bomb."
Provides professional level library and information services at all organizational levels, all Mount Carmel operating entities and geographic sites.
Noreen Mulcahy selects a book from the Nursing Collection.
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Senior Level
- Consumer Health Information Specialization, Level II
- Mulcahy, N. (2019) Review Update: BrowZine. Doody's Collection Development Monthly. Retrieved from: https://dcdm.doody.com/2019/08/review-update-browzine/
- Mulcahy, N. (2018) A review of BrowZine. Doody's Collection Development Monthly. Retrieved from: http://dcdm.doody.com/2018/01/a-review-of-browzine/
- Mulcahy, N. (2017) Use it or lose it: data-driven decision making. Paper session presented at the OhioNET Dive into Data 2 Conference on Thursday, July 20 in Columbus, OH.
- Roksandic S., Mulcahy, N. & Pearson, D. Sustaining Innovative Services to Support Internal Efficiencies in a Collaborative Partnership. Paper presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Conference; May 14, 2014; Chicago, IL.
- Roksandic, S., Mulcahy, N. (2013) "New faces, new skills: training work study students in the digital age. Paper session presented at the Academic Library Association of Ohio Conference on Friday, October 25 in North Canton, OH.
- Roksandic, S., Mulcahy, N. (2013) When library staffing 'dries up' – immerse it with work study program. Paper session presented at the Midwest Chapter/Medical Library Association Conference on Sunday, October 6 in East Peoria, IL.
- Mulcahy, N., Oates, A. (2010). Managing student workers. Paper session presented at the OPAL Conference on Friday, August 6 in Urbana, OH.
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (Midwest Chapter/MLA)
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association (OHSLA)