- To borrow materials, you must have an active Mount Carmel Health Sciences Library account. Register here.
- You can request for items to be sent via interoffice mail: Library on Demand.
- Books: 21 Days
- Laptops: 8 hours
- Course Reserves: 2 hours
- Other Items (markers, charging cords, etc.): 8 hours
To see what items are checked out on your account and renew online, login to Your Library Account. You can also call, e-mail or Chat with us to renew items.
- Books from the MCHSL Collection can be renewed up to 6 times unless requested by another client.
- Books from OhioLINK Libraries can be renewed within 7 days of the due date. You can renew online, up to 6 times, unless requested by another client.
- You cannot renew recalled items.
- Our book drop is located on the 3rd floor, just outside the Library entrance. Items can be returned here anytime.
- Laptops and charging cords must be returned within half hour of Library closing time at the Library Circulation Desk. Any course reserve books and markers can be kept past closing time but must be returned in Library book drop. If items are not returned, fines will be accrued.
- Items borrowed through our Library on Demand service can be returned through the Mount Carmel Health System courier service. Please see our Library on Demand page for more details. These items are checked in when they arrive back to the Library.
- Items borrowed from other OhioLINK libraries can be returned to MCHSL. The OhioLINK courier service delivers these back to the lending libraries.
- No fines are charged on MCHSL items unless they are damaged or lost. We accept replacement copies but must be approved by Collection Development librarian before any charges are removed.
- OhioLINK fines are .50/day. Replacement copies can also be accepted but must be approved by Collection Development librarian before any charges are removed.